September 20 Board Meeting 7-8:30 pm on Zoom
The public is welcome to join our meeting or ask for time on the agenda.
NEWS & UPDATES
- 7pm on 9/2: BIG @ Hamilton ParkCelebrate the end of summer with live music, food trucks and games and stay for the 1988 Tom Hanks classic “BIG”. Free End of … Read more
- One Pill Can KillIn 2021, 77% of teen drug overdose deaths were linked to fentanyl. (Fact Sheet) There is no safe dose of this colorless, odorless, tasteless … Read more
- 8/25 Girls Leading Change Nominations dueAugust 25 Student Opportunity Deadline: White House Gender Policy Council Girls Leading Change Nominations In honor of International Day of the Girl on October … Read more
- 9/15 City CleanupJoin us for the first annual We Believe in Portland clean-up! We invite you to join other purpose-driven Portland leaders and companies who are … Read more
- 9/28 – 11/30 Traffic/Transpo Class for PDXershttps://www.portland.gov/transportation/news/2023/8/22/registration-now-open-portlands-32nd-annual-traffic-and The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) and Portland State University (PSU) are offering the Portland Traffic and Transportation class as a way to empower Portlanders … Read more
- 9/18 Forum on Behavioral HealthWebinar: Portland’s Behavioral Health Crisis: Seeking Solutions When: Sep 18, 2023 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this webinar: … Read more
Become a Board Member
SWHRL is looking for new members and volunteers!
SWHRL is YOUR neighborhood association, helping with your transportation and land use questions, planning emergency response, standing up for neighborhood concerns, bringing in speakers to inform you on current issues, and more. But we can’t do it with just a few active members. We need your ideas, talents, and willingness to lend a hand.
Do you have neighborhood photographs to share? Writing or web design skills? Do you like to organize events? Or maybe you just want to come to our meetings to share ideas. All we’re asking is for a couple of hours a month. It’s a small price for a more connected, informed, and meaningful neighborhood association.
If your interested in volunteering in some capacity or just joining as a member, send an email with your name and address to email@example.com. All who reside or work in the SWHRL neighborhood are welcome to join.
- Understanding Your Property TaxOur November 17, 2021, board meeting featured a very informative conversation on property taxes with Multnomah County Assessor Mike Vaughn. Mike explained how taxes … Read more
- Actions to End HomelessnessHomelessness is arguably the greatest humanitarian and societal emergency facing Portland. As the number of unhoused grows each year, it can feel overwhelming. But … Read more
- Portland, The Black ExperienceThree of our African-American neighbors, Mingus Mapps, Martha Jembere, and Kevin Rhea, speak about the challenges they and their families have faced being part of … Read more